Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Closet Cleaning

It's that time of year. You know, when you pack up the sweaters and turtlenecks and replace them with your shorts and T shirts. Definitely one of my favorite chores. No seriously, I like changing out my closet. I don't really clean it, I just remove and replace. Almost the same thing, right? Dan and I, mostly I, have too much stuff. I have too many clothes in too many sizes. Too much stuff that I don't and probably won't ever wear. I'm not sure why I can't say good bye to a lot of this "stuff". We live in a fairly large house. It was perfect when there was six of us. Now that there is only two it is waaaay to big. Now here is the interesting part. Our house has 10 regular closets and 3 linen closets and I am using every one of them! Okay, two of them have coats in them but otherwise it's my stuff. I know, that's bad. My name is Kay and I'm a pack rat. Is there a 12 step program for me? Here's where it gets real interesting. Five of the ten closets are in the back part of the house. The part we no longer use, except I guess for the closets. We told Ned and Kelly that when they sell their place in Tennessee and move to Alabama they can have the back part of the house. Three bedrooms, 2 baths, a sitting room/office, five closets and 2 linen closets. This means I must get rid of a lot of stuff. What am I waiting for? I work better under pressure. I guess I think Ned & Kelly will call one day and say we sold our place, come help us pack and I'll be thrown into high gear and go at everything like a demented monkey. This is when I will be depending on you, my friends, to save me. To help me get everything done. To save my sanity because I am a procrastinator. So when the call comes don't be surprised. In the mean time I'll just change things around from closet to closet.....

No comments:

Post a Comment