Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Embroidery 101

I spent the whole week learning the ins and outs of our new machine, still have tons to learn.....Saturday Kelly and I went to the computer store and each got a refurbished computer. Sunday we went back over to the store to set mine up and load the design software. Kelly got everything set up and was trying to load the software only to find out the sewing machine store had given us the wrong software. They had given us an upgrade when we didn't even have anything to upgrade. I went back over today got the correct software and Danielle, [my neighbor, my friend, my part-time employee, & my photog buddy] installed it and started learning how to use it so she can teach me. Danielle has been really interested in the new machine and I think she is going to be a great asset to us because of her design talents! Below are a few of the things we have done so far that I've gotten a shot of. I have plans to do several more things tomorrow and feel I am getting better at this every day.
Update on comcast.... installation won't be until October 31st. Apparently AT&T won't release our phone number until then. [We chose to keep our same number] Danielle and I are both excited about having hi-speed at the store and the computer I bought will burn CD's and DVD's. We're moving on up!!!!
Sorry about being a blog slacker, some days I just can't get it all done. I am finishing up my entries for the Outdoor Alabama photo contest and have been in contact with a mushroom expert from the UK getting the technical info for my mushroom shot. He is very interested in this particular "shroom" as he has been researching and tracking it for a while now. I am also getting tech info on my butterfly and praying mantis. Lots of correspondence that has taken up a lot of time.






No comments:

Post a Comment