Monday, July 27, 2009

Uncle Matt & Aunt Mary

Another big weekend for Baby Zane! Uncle Matt & Aunt Mary came to see him from their home in Oak Ridge, MO. When Dan and I got home from the rodeo at Scottsboro Saturday night I called up to Kelly's. She said Matt & Mary had gotten there. "What do they think of Baby Zane?" "They think he's tiny!" Yes, he is tiny, but he's growing..... fast. He weighed in yesterday....are you ready for this......7 pounds and 6 ounces. He measured 19 and 3/4 inches long. That's 2 inches taller and a gain of 3 pounds and 5 ounces since birth! Our Sunday weigh ins are a big deal as we all gather round and watch. Kind of like when prize fighters weigh in. We all say what we think Zane will weigh. My guess was 7-3. Ned won, he guessed 7-5. Matt & Mary were both a little scared to hold him....but I talked 'em into it and they did GREAT! I took quite a few photos....I have a few that turned out okay.... I'm quite discouraged with my camera....the auto focus is driving me nuts! Every time I get my shot focused and I'm ready to "click" I lose focus. If you have any suggestions PLEASE let me know. I've talked to some of my flickr friends with the same camera and they have the same complaint. I think it's time to start rolling my quarters and get that new canon I've been wanting.......Back to our fun Sunday. We also celebrated Mary's birthday that was last Thursday. Birthday cake and ice cream with my family....it doesn't get any better than that.

Tomorrow is the official announcement about the July Giveaway! I'm glad some of you are on the ball with this. (More on the ball than myself) I've loved what I've read so far! Ya'll are sooooo creative!
And now a glimpse into our time together Sunday. Enjoy!

Aunt Mary...she said she doesn't "do" babies this small.... She does!



aaawwwww.....



And of course Uncle Matt & Aunt Mary wouldn't come empty handed.....
Check out Zane's new ride... a Jeep/walker! Ned & Kelly said he could drive this to his job at Centennial.



Check it out...steering wheel, rearview, horn, radio, cup holder...... Zane's ride has it all!




Uncle Matt and Baby Zane.... Zane is wearing the preemie outfit that Matt wore home from the hospital 30 years ago!




Proud aunt & uncle.....






Matt was just talking up a storm to Zane....and Zane was listening.....oh dear.....



My 4 favorite fellas!



Hard to believe these big hands belong to the guy that once wore those tiny little shoes.....



Uncle Matt will make sure Zane knows how to wear his caps.....
Ole wub-a-nub is never far away....
My family! I think I'll keep 'em...

No comments:

Post a Comment