Monday, June 15, 2009

4 pounds & 4 ounces

Yep! Baby Zane is "plumping" up. He weighed 4-1 at birth, fell off to 3-13, then eventually got back to 4-1. Last night when Ned called for his nightly update the nurse said he weighed 4-4. Ned hung up the phone and said, "I think I misunderstood her, I think she said his weight is 4-4." When Kel and I got here this morning we immediately asked about his weight. 4 pounds and 4 ounces is what was written on his chart. The nurse said, "lets weigh him again to make sure." Sure enough he weighed 4-4! He is now enough grams to really get ready for his open air crib. His progress continues to amaze us! I held him today. Let me just tell you right now, I could do that all day long! Kelly had fed him and she asked me if I wanted to hold him. At first I said no. The more I thought about it the more I decided I wanted to. I'm glad I changed my mind, it was unbelievable. He really seems different now that he's wearing clothes. Not so fragile.











My weekend was a whirlwind. I "blew" in on Friday about 3pm and immediately starting catching up on Shamrock stuff. Saturday is a blur but I think I got almost everything done. I still have a couple of blankets to embroider with Zane's name on them. Our dear friend Trina made supper for us. She has been terrific making sure we're fed. She is a great cook. I spent Sunday morning cleaning house, including steam cleaning carpets. I headed back to Nashville about 1pm with Kelly and Ned's dogs in tow. I'm not sure who was happier to see who. Some of Ned & Kelly's friends had a baby shower for them in Spring Hill. It was so much fun seeing everyone and ooohing and ahhhing over the cutest baby gifts ever. I fell off the "south beach" wagon and ate some of the best cake in the universe! Yes, it was that good. Chocolate with a cream cheese/cheese cake kind of filling. Amazing! If I had some with me I would be eating it right now. Moral of this story is.... If you're gonna cheat on your diet, do it right!!!

Dalaina & Micah


The "amazing" cake


Nana & Granddaddy



Ned's best bud Jake Way.
Dalaina, Ned, Kelly, Val & Lynn


Landon, Jenny and Sue Way.

1 comment:

  1. Now days we look at Hayden, and we look at pictures of him in his NICU crib, and its hard to imagine that it's even the same little boy!

    Joel

    ReplyDelete