Monday, May 18, 2009

Happy Birthday, Rachel!

Saturday was Rachel's 24th birthday! They were in Athens, Alabama putting on the Sheriff's rodeo so Dan & I headed that way. After the horse race of course! Here's a shot of Rachel with her birthday present from Dan and me.



Kelly & I had gone over on Friday night to visit with Kelly's BFF Emma. It's was great seeing Emma and her mom Rozlyn. It's funny how you can catch right back up with folks you haven't seen in a while. We used to spend practically every weekend together at rodeos when the kids were growing up. Emma will be getting married in June. They are all grown up now and our paths just don't cross as often as I would like.


Kelly & Emma

I always go with the intention of taking a lot of shots but I end up visiting more than shooting, oh well.

I did get a couple of shots of Cutter, Rachel's nephew. He's a character. Dan is training a zebu (miniature brahma steer) for him for his rodeo act for next year. We also did the embroidery on his shirt and these shots will most likely go on our website too.






On Mother's Day Dan & I went to Ned & Kelly's and helped them get the baby's room ready. They had picked up the new furniture and some assembly was required. My grandbaby has a cool room with beautiful furniture! There is even a bed for me when I go for my many visits! Okay, nobody really came right out and said, "this is your bed" but I'm sure that's what it's for. The store sent a chest of drawers instead of the changing table/dresser and Kelly still wants to get a glider rocker for the room. So we're not finished with it yet but it's a really large room so it can handle all the furniture.





We're really getting excited about the baby. Kelly is in her 28th week, 12 more to go.....August will be here before we know it.
Don't forget about the deal on the "coolest bag on the planet". If you entered the contest you are eligible for the 20% discount through May!!! That makes the price of the bag $20. Can you say BARGAIN?

No comments:

Post a Comment