Friday, January 23, 2009

It's Friday!!

I'm not sure why Friday excites me, I have to work on Saturdays. Maybe it goes back to when I was in school. I just don't know. Anyhow, it's the Friday of a super busy week. Hesston making his arrival on Monday was definitely the highlight! One of our projects this week was to "correct" a mistake we made on a winter coat before Christmas. Before Christmas one of our friends and regular customers brought in a couple of coats for us to embroidery designs on for the girls Christmas presents. The girls picked out what they wanted and we got busy with 'em. On one of the coats we had a technical glitch with our machine and the design messed up! PANIC!!! I called Amy and she couldn't have been nicer and more understanding. I hated that I had messed up her jacket but at the same time thankful that it was her and not somebody that got all crazy on me! So off I go the week before Christmas looking for a replacement jacket. The store she bought it at didn't have any more. I finally found another one and we were back on track! Now the dilema, what to do with a $50 coat with an embroidery design flaw on the back? After a couple of sleepless nights the solution came to me.... put an applique design over it! Genious! As soon as our Christmas rush was over we started working on the Lone Star shirts and have just now gotten around to fixin' the problem. It turned out BEAUTIFUL! No brag, just fact! The design had to be enlarged to cover the problem area and it took up our entire largest hoop. It had over 44,000 stitches and took 2 and 1/2 hours to embroider but it was worth it. I'm telling you all this because now I need to sell this jacket. It is a Walls Zero Zone youth 20 regular, dark brown in color with a gorgeous horse head applique on the back! The coat cost $50 and that is what we'll take for it. You'll be getting a $50 design for free! Call us 256-766-7446 or email us kmcgee99@aol.com or just come by and we'll fix you up. (We can also put your name or initials on the front.) If you don't need this fine coat maybe you know someone who does, send 'em our way! Thanks and check out the photo of our "masterpiece"!

No comments:

Post a Comment