Thursday, August 27, 2009

hooked on yet another reality show.....

........ I just can't seem to help it. I'm a reality TV-aholic! I'm not as bad as some folks... I mean I don't watch the reality tv channel. But, I do like my Amazing Race, Survivor, Dancing With the Stars, So You Think You Can Dance, American Idol and currently, Big Brother. I avoided BB for several seasons. Then it happened, 2 years ago this month Dan had hernia repair surgery. He was sidelined for 6 weeks. Six weeks of watching BB 3 times a week. We got hooked. That was 2 years ago and I'm just now beginning to figure out how the show works. I know the basic premise but I mean the little things that one must know to "get it". Phrases like "back dooring" and "pawn" just sailed right over my head the first few seasons but now I'm catching on. This season's cast is by far the craziest I've ever seen. The producers even had to "evict" Chima before she was voted off because she broke the rules. Can you imagine? Going through the whole try out process and arranging your life to be on one of these shows and then not following the rules because things weren't going your way.... I assume the contestants take a phsycological evaluation but what kind of results are the producers looking for? "okay, guys this one is border line nuts let's pick her!" Fake boobs and muscles seem to be necessary for at least 1/3 of the contestants too..... I would NEVER, EVER try out for one of these shows. (Okay maybe the Amazing Race, but probably not even that one) But I do like watching these shows... do I need help or am I such an observer of human nature that I can't resist watching these goof balls interact with one another? Whatever it is, I do find it entertaining...... BTW Dancing with the Stars introduced the new line up of stars and their partners for the new season this week and Survivor Samoa starts Sept. 17th. I'm ready!!!
Tomorrow Ned, Kelly and Zane will be coming to Alabama for another weekend with us. They'll be bringing horses. Kelly is ready to start riding again. I started back last week. Dan shod my barrel horse and I came out of my 3 month layoff. I'm just gonna come right out and say it. I was SORE. I'm doing better now though, it's important to ride everyday. Zane's Bama Baby Shower is Saturday. Dan & I are going shopping tonight for some must haves... I'm thinking he needs a "butt wipe warmer"... after all cold weather is right around the corner. No telling what we'll end up with.
Have a great day and don't forget to pray for all the NICU babies everwhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment