Monday, August 10, 2009

Family & Friends

Family & friends, does it get any better? I don't think so! Not for me anyway....


Saturday night was kinda crazy. Dan went to a horse sale in Tennessee. Matt went to his monthly sale in Wyoming, Il. He has been selling this sale for a while now. I think he likes going up there even though it is 5 hours from his house. He usually gets a least one person to make the trip with him. No such luck this time, everybody had prior commitments. Not so bad going but a real bear coming home by yourself late on Saturday night after working all day in a hot sale barn trying to get top dollar for a bunch of horses. Matt called me about 10pm and said he was on his way home. We talked for a few minutes then he lost service. I went on to bed. 11pm, ring ring! It was Matt. I should have his Dad call him when he gets home cause he'll be driving all night. Okay, I had planned to already. We talked awhile then I hung up and dozed off again. Midnight, Dan is home. "Dan call Matt he's driving and may be tired." They talk for 1 1/2 hours each telling in detail about what went on at their sales.... This wasn't really one conversation as Matt would lose service and have to call back...maybe about 3 times, I lost count. Somehow in the middle of all this Dan starts watching Wyatt Earp.... I have no idea what time he finally came to bed but I do know at about 7:30am he was wanting to know if I was going to sleep all day!! Sheeeesshhhh! We had to get going, Baby Zane was waiting on us.....



Our Sunday visit with Zane was a blast. My friend Caroline and her husband Joe came down from Franklin, I had monogrammed one of our "coolest bags on the planet" for their son Clay. Check it out at http://www.shamrockm.com/ Good excuse to get together! Tabby Thrasher and her son Chaffin and daughter Courtney came by and picked up the lap top case Tabby won in our poem contest last week. And, Dalaina Thompson and her son Chance dropped in. Okay, they really all just wanted to see Zane but they got to see me too! We laughed a lot, took photos and goofed off. My kind of day! 8:30 came quick and it was time to give our goodbye kisses and head back to 'Bama. Dan slept all the way home, luckily he wasn't driving! Next weekend Zane comes to our house! We can't wait! I have some photos all the way back to August 3rd, Zane's 2 month birthday! Enjoy!

Moo Moo's getting smaller!




How 'bout a coke?


I can almost taste it....



Me & Daddy...hanging out....



I'm really starting to see shapes and I'm very curious about things around me....



Have I mentioned I have large, chubby cheeks?


Dan says, "okay Tabby, you can hold Zane but I'm right here." I wonder what Chaffin is whispering to Baby Zane.....



Beautiful, "should be a model" Courtney!



AAAhhhhhh, the PRIZE!




Dalaina and son Chance with Zane...Don't you just love that mischievious look on Chance's face while he sneaks a tickle to Zane's little foot?

No comments:

Post a Comment