Saturday, December 13, 2008

Were you really expecting 3 in a row?

Well I was! I was on a roll, but Thursday proved to be a challenging day. I had an 8am dental appointment. Despite the fact that it was pouring down rain and the forecast was for rain changing to snow with a flash flood warning in effect I headed on out. When I finished up at the dentist I had a little over and hour to kill before my haircut appointment. I drove on over to Kohl's to work on some Christmas and Birthday shopping. When I left Kohl's it was still raining as hard as ever and boy was it cold! When I finished up at the hairdressers I went to the dollar tree ( my new favorite place to shop ) and then on to Quiznos for our lunch. So much for nice looking hair.....I'm beginning to resemble a drowned rat! After lunch I finished up some embroidery orders and headed to Big Star to pick up a few groceries before the 5 o'clock after work crowd hit the store! When I came out of Big Star it was sleeting! I was almost to the store when I decided it would be wise to get some more gas since I only had 1/4 of a tank. I put in $20 and it almost filled it up!!!! When I got back in the store it was 4pm so I decided the milk and hamburger meat would be okay in the car for an hour. Our Mormon missionairy friends came in soaked to the bone! We told them at 5 when we closed Dan would take them back to their car, no need to walk in the rain, sleet and snow. At 5 when I got in my car it wouldn't start. Nothing, Nada, Nil..... Dan took the boys back to their car and came back for me. We had to unload everything I had bought all day and put it in the truck. Dan was certain I had bought bad gas. Friday he made a couple of phone calls and a guy came out and looked at my car Friday afternoon. He thinks it is the fuel pump. The car is at his house now waiting to be fixed. If it is the fuel pump I am one very lucky person!! Apparently when these things go out they just go regardless of where you are or what the weather is doing!!! I know I have angels looking out for me and for that I am truly thankful!!!
Friday was super busy with embroidery and Dan only worked half a day because he went to a horse sale south of here. But I have set a goal for next week and will hopefully have some photos to share!!!
Have a great weekend and check back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment