Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Ready or Not....Christmas is Coming....

This is what the voice in my head keeps saying. And believe me when I say this, "I'm NOT ready!"
It happens every year. We work like crazy getting orders out for folks so they have them by Christmas and our own shopping is done at the last minute. Anything I have this far in advance is because I ordered it on-line. Now I realize I should have ordered more on-line. Some members of my family have yet to tell me what is on their wish list. Next year I'm gonna start hounding 'em in July for the "list"! Remind me of that please.....
Enough of that already....

Last weekend was the Lone Star Rodeo Finals in Cullman, Al. One of the perks of making the finals is that you receive a contestant jacket. (They were really sharp this year.) Rachel had asked me months ago if I would come down and be available to embroidery names on jackets if the contestant would like to have that done. I can't say no to Rachel and it was a paying job and I like to buy Christmas presents even if it is at the last minute. So off we go on Friday, the 4 of us. Ned, Kelly, Zane and G-mama. This was Zane's first rodeo! He got to meet quite a few new friends. Ned and I worked hard all through the rodeo and went back Saturday and worked some more. Zane and Kelly stayed home on Saturday but Ned and myself headed back for another busy day. We had fun despite the cold and despite the fact that we were located directly under the speakers. ( I was deaf until late yesterday!) Well, the cold was only a problem while we were loading and unloading our stuff, the building was heated.

Monday was my Daddy's 81st birthday! I had put out the word for friends and family to send cards or call. They did! He was soooo excited about his cards and phone calls. It amazes me that in this fast paced world of technology a few lines written in a card or a five minute phone call can absolutely change a mood and brighten someones day beyond words! I'm sure Daddy has read and reread his cards a hundred times.

I did find time to shoot a few photos this weekend. Enjoy!

Me at the rodeo! I had my cowboy hat with me but it's getting a little small and it doesn't cover my ears!


How 'bout these fancy duds that my G-mama got me? Your diggin' my cowboy boots aren't ya?


Ned working....


Our neighbor at the rodeo.....


...and his friends

Our machine was set up just on the other side of the fence on the right...


The contestants wearing their jackets waiting on the group "shot".....


Papa Tom, Gran, me and Daddy....

Everybody SMILE!


I hear you talking but I'm not sure what it is you're saying.....


How old are you anyway Papa Tom?


Gran is ticklin' my 'piggies'......


Gran & Papa Tom


Uh, sorry 'bout the slobber-drool on your shirt mom.....sometimes I can't help myself...


This is the face I make when I'm blowing bubbles.....


...then we all laugh and laugh....


I'm watching G-mama's embroidery machine....she keeps telling me about working hard...the machine does all the work... I was watching it!

No comments:

Post a Comment