Friday, October 30, 2009

More about My Congress Trip...

Saturday Mary and I got up and headed out to the trade show...she didn't have a run until afternoon. We met up with Rachel. I was ready to make my purchases. I had everything scouted out and I was ready to buy. Later that afternoon was the dummy roping for the youngsters. Chase and Chaffin Thrasher were entered. It was a big deal with Cactus saddles going to the winners. Chaffin did well and made it to the second round. Chase did really well and ended up winning the 3rd place breast collar and a whole lot of free stuff. Tabby was running all over the trade show picking up all his loot! After the dummy roping it was back to the Coliseum for the barrel race. I sat with Matt and Bendi Dunn and there precious little girl Madison. When Troy Crumrine came in on their horse Mulberry Canyon Moon and ran the 2nd fastest time of the Sweepstakes we were all pretty excited!!! Saturday night was the Calf Roping Classic. Shawn Coleman, one of Matt's old traveling buddies was the winner! We were pretty excited for him to say the least. The entries for the classic were way off this year but Shawn roped good none the less. He and his wife had forgotten their camera so you know I volunteered to take photos for him! It was fun meeting his wife and baby girl Lily. Shawn lives in Indiana now and we don't get to see him as often as we should. After the Classic Mary and I went up to the coliseum to ride. While we were there a lady told us about a covered arena where they had practice barrels set up. Off we go to find this arena. It was nice. Wish we had found it sooner. Then we headed to the Midway for a midnight snack. Mary had her heart set on an apple dumpling. I said, "okay I'll have on too." She pressures me soooo much. Of course they had just run out of 'em. We had turnovers instead. They were good. Almost as good as the cinnamon rolls and pecan rolls I had been eating for breakfast. Not as good as the fried Oreo Mary forced me to eat on Friday. Notice how I can't remember the times of the runs but I can vividly remember the food I ate! Sunday morning was Mary's last run. It was her best run and she ran right out of the money. I headed over to watch Rachel rope in the Breakaway roping. She had some bad luck and missed her calf. Mary and I loaded up and headed out for Missouri. We were TIRED! It was a fun filled week that I will never forget. Visiting with old friends, making new friends and hanging out with my girls! Life doesn't get any better.

Now before I share more photos I'm gonna brag on myself. 7 weeks ago I went for my regular checkup and my Triglycerides were a whopping 1935. The normal is 150 or below. My doctor was freaking out. I actually felt sorry for him. I've gotten those kind of reports before and it didn't bother me as bad as it did him. He hasn't been my doctor for very long. He'll learn. He immediately put me on meds and a sugar free/minimal carbs diet. YUCK! I was to go back in 6 weeks for a re-check. Well last week while I was at The Congress, eating every bad thing available, was the 6th week so my appt. was this week. I went in Wed morning and had my labs done. Went back yesterday for the results. My Doctor was elated! So was I. My cholesterol had dropped from 239 to 163. That is an all time low for me. My triglycerides dropped from 1935 to 142. Another all time low! He said I should keep doing what I was doing..... I didn't mention my eating binge the week before. I did suggest I thought the previous labs were wrong. He said they weren't. The lab had noted they could actually see fat in the blood sample. So hurray for good meds! I'll have to stay on them for quite a while longer and be rechecked in 4 months then maybe on an 6 month schedule. That's my brag for today.

Dan is in Missouri today and tomorrow. He is at an Exotic Animal Sale with Matt. He reported this morning that they have received about 5 inches of rain since he got there last night. I think it's headed my way. I hope to get some good fall shots next week when the colors here peak. So it needs to dry out! Stay tuned.

Now for some more Congress photos. Enjoy!

Mary and Wimpy heading "home"....
Chaffin Thrasher....

Chase Thrasher...


Perfect follow through....


The further you go in the competition the further the dummy is away from you....
Perfect Catch!
Madison Dunn...don't you just love those big brown eyes?
Ashley, Lily and Shawn Coleman...

No comments:

Post a Comment