Monday, January 3, 2011

Have You Missed Me?

I've missed you!
Maybe more than you realize.
In September my mother became ill and was hospitalized. Three and 1/2 months later she  has been hospitalized 3 times and spent 12 days in Senior Care rehab. She has been diagnosed with Alzheimers and Congestive Heart Failure. My Dad was diagnosed with Alzheimers 2 years ago. Never did I imagine that both my parents would have this horrible disease at the same time. It has been quite an adjustment. My brother and I have managed to take care of them at home with the help of a caregiver 5 days a week. Linda comes in Monday through Friday at 8:30am and stays until 1:30pm. This enables me to work at the feed store in the mornings. I relieve her at 1:30 and then my brother relieves me at 5:30. Throw in Doctors appointments, grocery buying and beauty shop appointments and you can imagine how fast my week flies by.
Last week Mother's cousin came by to visit and was telling about losing her beloved pet and how the best way she found to cope with it was by writing....I guess that was the nudge I needed to start writing my blog again. Many days I just simply won't have the time, but when I do I will be sharing insights into the life of my family as we adjust. I plan to keep you up to date on my favorite little guy Zane Daniel too!
This may not be your 'cup of tea' and if you are a subscriber to my blog via email just let me know, I understand and I will gladly remove you from the list. If you know others who may like to read about how we are handling this difficult time in our lives please share the blog with them.
Many of you already know of our situation and have been praying for us. Your prayers are more comfort than you can imagine, keep 'em coming please!

Mother and Daddy, Christmas 2010!




No comments:

Post a Comment